Making use of Cartilage from the RibsUsing cartilage from the ribs gives the nose a natural look. In the case of a longer nose that has the chance of withering with age if silicone is used, the cartilage ensures that the nose keeps its natural state. This method costs more than others though. In the case of accidents that flatten the nose, this is the preferred and recommended method. To make sure that the patient receives the best care, medical specialists will be consulted in all necessary cases. The total duration of the surgery is just 1 to 2 hours. Post Rhinoplasty Care
- Lower the amount of swelling by keeping your head raised and sleep on your back. Apply an ice pack to the area as needed.
- Avoid alcohol and any fermented food.
- The wound should be cleansed daily use a cotton swab to clean the blood stains from around the nose area.
- After 3 days it will be safe to remove the plaster.
- If the stitches are not those that melt on their own, the doctor will remove them about 2 weeks after the surgery.
- Make sure to not miss your follow-ups with your doctor.