After discussing the pros and cons of different brands of silicone implants, today we will talk about two popular breast implant shapes: round and teardrop. If you are researching breast augmentation options, this information is a must-read. Keep in mind that the choice between these two shapes depends on individual body characteristics. Let’s explore the benefits of these two popular breast implant shapes:
- Round Silicone Breast Implants
Round silicone breast implants resemble the shape of a salapaow (Chinese dumpling). They come in various sizes and may be either projecting or non-projecting. After augmentation with round silicone implants, the breasts appear full and firm, extending from the upper chest to the lower breast mound. Round implants are particularly suitable for individuals with broad shoulders, as they tend to create a well-proportioned appearance that complements the overall body structure better than teardrop implants.
- Teardrop Silicone Breast Implants
Teardrop silicone breast implants mimic the natural shape of breasts, especially when a person is standing or sitting upright. They have a gently sloping profile and provide a more natural look compared to round implants. Teardrop implants are an excellent choice for individuals with narrow or petite frames. They help achieve a balanced and proportional appearance, enhancing the overall symmetry of the body.
However, it’s essential to emphasize that choosing the right breast implant shape is not solely about personal preference but also depends on factors like body size, shoulder width, and individual goals. Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast augmentation is crucial. The surgeon will consider not only the implant shape but also the size and size of the silicone implants to ensure the most suitable outcome.
Before undergoing breast augmentation surgery, it’s essential to follow some pre-operative guidelines:
- Fasting: Avoid all food and beverages for at least 8 hours before surgery to prevent the risk of aspiration (food or drink entering the airway) during anesthesia.
- Smoking: Quit smoking at least two weeks before breast augmentation surgery, as smoking can affect blood circulation and increase the risk of complications.
- Alcohol: Avoid alcohol consumption for at least two weeks before surgery to minimize the risk of excessive bleeding.
- Medications: Discontinue the use of blood-thinning medications and supplements like aspirin, ibuprofen, and certain herbal supplements for 1-2 weeks before surgery.
- Nail Care: Ensure clean and well-groomed nails to facilitate oxygen saturation monitoring during surgery.
- Cleanliness: Maintain good personal hygiene to minimize the risk of post-operative infection.
- Allergies: Inform your surgeon about any allergies you may have before the surgery.
After breast augmentation surgery, follow these post-operative instructions:
- Medications: Take prescribed medications as directed to manage pain and reduce the risk of complications.
- Smoking and Alcohol: Continue to avoid smoking and alcohol consumption for at least 1-2 months after surgery.
- Physical Activity: Avoid strenuous exercise and activities that may impact the breasts for at least 2 months to ensure proper healing.
- Diet: Choose soft, non-acidic foods to minimize discomfort during recovery.
- Follow-up: Attend all scheduled follow-up appointments with your surgeon for a thorough evaluation of your progress.
In conclusion, if you are looking for the best breast augmentation options, consider Apex Medical Center as a top choice. Apex Medical Center offers the highest level of safety, expertise from board-certified plastic surgeons, cutting-edge technology, and efficient post-operative care, ensuring the best possible results for patients. Your safety and satisfaction are our top priorities.