Breast Augmentation: How to Maintain Beautiful Breasts
Breast augmentation is a common procedure in today’s era as it enhances the external appearance of women like us, making us look more confident and attractive. Furthermore, breast augmentation can address the issue of sagging breasts. However, it’s important to know that the journey doesn’t end after getting breast implants. To ensure that your breasts remain beautiful over time, you need to take care of yourself.
Postoperative Care After Breast Augmentation for Long-lasting Beauty
During the first few weeks after breast augmentation, it’s crucial to follow the surgeon’s recommendations diligently. This includes taking the prescribed medications and avoiding over-the-counter medications, as they can lead to unexpected bleeding. You should also abstain from alcohol and smoking to prevent complications such as excessive bleeding and wound healing issues. For the first month after breast augmentation, special bras designed for post-augmentation patients, without any underwire, are recommended. This helps prevent pressure on the breasts and minimizes movement during the initial recovery period.
Safe Breast Augmentation: Choose a Specialist Surgeon
At Apex Medical Center, we have a specialized team of surgeons dedicated to breast augmentation procedures. Breast augmentation is a major surgical procedure that requires careful analysis and individualized planning to achieve a natural look that complements your overall body proportions. This involves choosing the right implant size that suits your body, as well as the precise technique for implant placement.
For instance, there are two common implant placement options: under the muscle (submuscular) and above the muscle (subglandular). Submuscular placement is suitable for those with limited natural breast tissue, as the implant is positioned beneath the chest muscle to provide adequate coverage and a more natural appearance. On the other hand, subglandular placement is suitable for those with some existing breast tissue, as the implant is positioned above the muscle.
Achieving Beautifully Proportioned Breasts: Size Matters
Some may think that going bigger is always better when it comes to breast augmentation. However, the trends in breast augmentation have evolved in 2023 towards achieving proportionate breast enhancement. The goal is to have breasts that are natural-looking and well-proportioned to your body. The advantages of choosing a size that fits your body’s proportions are numerous: it helps create a more natural appearance, reduces the risk of rippling around the implant, minimizes sagging, and lowers the chances of developing stretch marks.
Preoperative Considerations Before Breast Augmentation
Before undergoing breast augmentation surgery, there are several essential steps to take:
- Fasting: Refrain from eating and drinking any liquids for at least 8 hours before the surgery to prevent potential complications related to anesthesia.
- Smoking cessation: Quit smoking for at least 2 weeks before the surgery, as nicotine can affect blood flow and healing, increasing the risk of complications.
- Alcohol avoidance: Avoid alcohol for at least 2 weeks before surgery to prevent increased bleeding during the procedure.
- Discontinuation of certain medications: If you are taking specific medications or supplements like aspirin or blood thinners, consult with your surgeon about discontinuing them in advance.
- Cleanliness: Ensure your body is thoroughly clean to reduce the risk of infection post-surgery.
- Allergies and medical history: Inform your surgeon about any allergies or previous reactions to medications.
- Nails: If you have long nails, clean them meticulously as the surgeon will measure oxygen levels from your fingertips to monitor your condition during surgery.
- Support: Bring a trusted person with you on the day of surgery for safety and assistance during the recovery process.
Postoperative Guidelines After Breast Augmentation
After undergoing breast augmentation surgery, it’s essential to follow these postoperative guidelines:
- Take prescribed medications as directed by your surgeon to reduce the risk of complications and promote faster wound healing.
- Refrain from smoking and alcohol consumption for at least 1-2 months to prevent breast inflammation and infections.
- Avoid strenuous physical activities and exercise that may impact your breasts for at least 2 months or until your breasts have fully healed.
- Choose soft and easily digestible foods, such as porridge or clear soups, and avoid spicy or strongly flavored foods.
- Attend all follow-up appointments with your surgeon for a thorough evaluation of your postoperative progress. These appointments are crucial for your personal well-being, as any issues can be addressed promptly by the medical team. They also ensure the best possible results and safety throughout your recovery.
In conclusion, if you’re considering breast augmentation, prioritizing safety and trust in the chosen medical center is paramount. Researching and gathering comprehensive information is essential, and Apex Medical Center is an excellent option for those seeking breast augmentation procedures. We have a dedicated team of surgeons who provide direct and specialized care. Additionally, we prioritize patient safety throughout the surgical process, including continuous monitoring by qualified medical professionals. Your well-being is our primary concern, and we take every precaution to ensure your safety during surgery and recovery.